The conversion rate on your website is a factor of many things. With Oculizm’s user generated content galleries, you can significantly increase your existing conversion rate, while also increasing audience engagement and brand loyalty.
Follow these measures to get the best out of Oculizm’s user generated content galleries.
- Navigation Prominence Ensure that the link to the social wall is placed prominently in both desktop and mobile navigation. It should be immediately visible when the page loads, and in the top level of navigation (not in a submenu). For best results, use a bespoke hashtag as the page name, rather than “insta shop”, and make sure that you’re pushing the hashtag on all social channels.
- Carousel Prominence Displaying UGC high up on the homepage not only drives more traffic to the social wall but also shows visitors immediately that your brand is authentic and maintains a good relationship with its customers and wider audience. We also found that you will see a significant increase in conversion if the carousel is located in the top 3 folds (scrolls) of the home page.If you’re showing an Instagram carousel on your homepage make sure there are no links off to Instagram.
- Keep your social wall up to date – We would suggest adding fresh content to your social wall on a weekly basis, at the very least. This will prevent your page becoming stagnant. With a ‘shop the look’ gallery your consumers want to see different styles, trends and how other people are using your products. This is a huge contributing factor on dwell time and return visits. If a user visits your gallery twice and it has not changed, this drastically reduces the possibility of another visit.
- Encourage your followers to create content Encourage your consumers to mention and tag your brand for the opportunity to become a brand ambassador. It’s very little effort but will drive up your engagement and referrals. Repeat your bespoke hashtag across all your social media and customer interaction including emails, newsletters, gift notes, receipts, leaflets and awnings. By pushing the message through all avenues of interaction with your consumers you create an ecosystem working together to increase your social reach.
- Try running a UGC Competition This could be a potential give away, e.g. “tag us and enter a draw for a £20 voucher”. Incentivise your .consumers to tag you. Although this may be a small cost to you immediately you will reap the benefits in the long run.
- Page Design The social wall page should not just be a portal to drive sales, but another opportunity to remind visitors that they too can be part of the conversation. Add a tagline beneath the heading, e.g. From shop to wardrobe, show us your style and become an ambassador by tagging @myBrand or #myLook
- Use all search functions of the Oculizm tool The search functions are very effective with each section pulling different content . We can look and create saved searches which will collate and produce a lot more content for you to choose from.
- As Seen On Having the As Seen On gallery on the product detail page helps enforce feelings of authenticity and transparency in the consumer right through the shopping experience.
- Consistent Instagram Profile To maximise page visits, include a link to the social wall page on your Instagram profile. At the very least, you should mention the brand’s hashtag. If you show that you’re a brand that appreciates and encourages UGC then your followers will be more inclined to create content.